Have you recently purchased an office chair and your new office chair smells bad?
What does an office smell bad like? If you have a new office chair it’s probably a smelly leather chair (office chairs are made from leather) or even a smell in your office from the new cushion on your chair.
Bigger businesses and companies will spend thousands on new office commercials and cleaning the carpets and so forth but often don’t stop to think about their new expensive office furniture which can be a major source of the smell. To avoid this problem, I’ve put together some tips for how to clean office chair smell.
How to Clean Office Chair Smell
People are usually confused in multiple questions related to office chair smells some frequently search questions are:
Why does my couch smell like body odor?
That’s because chairs are made from materials that absorb odors, and those odors can become part of the background smell of your workplace.
How to remove the smell from the chair?
The answer is not to vacuum or furniture polish. It’s very simple and turns out to be pretty cheap if you don’t mind pulling the chair apart. The smell is caused by the natural oils from your skin leaking into the reclining mechanism.
All you need to do is to place a few drops of fabric softener on a cotton swab and wipe it all around the mechanism. You will be surprised at how easy it is to get that smell out.
How to clean an office chair fabric?
- Office chair fabric can be tough to clean but is important to maintain consider these helpful tips. 1. Use a gentle, non-abrasive carpet cleaner and cloth – Not only will this keep your fabric looking new longer, but it will also help reduce wrinkles.
- Remove excess moisture from fabric by blotting with a wadded-up cloth and then letting it dry for 24 hours before storing or using.
- If you have a pet, sprinkle disposable fragrance-free dryer sheets into the washer when washing your furniture to remove odors that may be lingering from pet accidents.
- Do not iron office chair fabric as this will cause permanent damage and will ruin the outer layer of the fabric over time.
- Cold water is best to use on organization-specific fabrics such as fabric closet liners and carpet rug pads as it is less likely to leave behind soiling marks or stains than hot water because hot water may shrink or wet out the fibers of your material over time causing permanent stretching.”
How to remove odor from vinyl furniture?
There are several ways to remove odor from heavily soiled vinyl furniture, although the best way will depend on the material. If your difficulty is a hard-to-remove stain, or if the scent has been reinforced by benzene and other chemicals, remove the infested fabric, discarding any bad parts.
If you only want to remove the unpleasant odor of vinyl, try soaking a washcloth in vinegar and dabbing it on stains. Repeat as often as needed until color and texture returns to the fabric. Keep in mind that you will be destroying the treated fabric, and there’s no way to reverse this process.
How to clean an office Chair Seat?
Most chair seats are black and get dirty easily. They collect dust, hair, coffee grinds, and other debris that can cause your office chair to be uncomfortable. Luckily, there is a simple way to clean most office chair seats.
The first step of the cleaning process is to remove the dust from the seat by soaking it in warm water for ten minutes. This loosens most of the dust from the seat and makes it easier to vacuum.
How to remove the smell from the leather office chair?
High-quality leather office chairs often smell like a smoker’s workshop, but this simple and professional solution removes the odor without affecting the color or surface of the leather. Tested on a variety of leather surfaces and colors, this is a safe and effective way to neutralize the odors of smoking without applying any harmful chemicals.
This is an all-natural solution that will leave your leather smelling as new as possible, while also reducing moisture buildup in the spring and summer.
A quick cleaning can get rid of the worst smells and keep the rest at bay. Here are some tips for how to get rid of office chair smells:
Use paper towels or a cloth to wipe down the seat pad and all the spaces around it, including under the armrests, around the wheels, and in between the legs.
Wipe down the back of the chair and any areas where people sit often, like by their feet, with both a damp rag and paper towels to get rid of sweat.
Some Best Home Remedies are used to clean office chairs
- Use of Baking Soda
- Use of Vodka
- Use of Vinegar
- Use of Laundry-Detergent
- Use of Vacuum Cleaner
- Use of Rubbing Alcohol
- Fabric Deodorizer
- Leave it outdoor
Clean office chair with baking soda
Baking soda is the most useable cleaning agent. It has such a mild effect on most surfaces that you can use it on almost anything in your home without worrying about hurting your health or leaving behind any harmful residue.
It’s a natural deodorizer that has antimicrobial properties. You can use baking soda for a clean office chair seat and smell as well.
Put some of the baking soda into your office chair and leave it for 10 minutes. To remove all the baking soda use vacuum to clean your office chair.
Use of Vodka
- Add 1/2 cup of vodka to 2 cups of warm water in a spray bottle. This can kill bacteria that cause odors on the chair as well as on the surface of the wood, so it’s especially effective on wooden office furniture. It also removes odors that have been embedded into the texture of the wood.
- Spray the chairs with the mixture, then let them dry completely before you return them to your workspace.
- if the smell returns, repeat steps 1 and 2 until you’ve removed all traces of odor.
Use of Vinegar
One of the easiest ways to remove the office chair smell is with the proper use of vinegar. Vinegar can be used on any surface that you want to freshen up quickly. Vinegar kills 99% of bacteria that cause odors by dehydrating microbes in 1-3 hours.
Use of Laundry-Detergent
For getting the smell out of the chair use laundry detergents. They are available in powder form, liquid, or gel forms. To dilute and clean the chair, apply a generous amount of the diluted detergent on a washcloth.
- Rub the cloth over the entire surface area of the chair, from the armrests to base and back again several times & then rinse with water thoroughly.
- Once dry, apply a light coat of Natural or Ultimate Shine Wax Oil Spray to add protection against further stains.
- The Ultimate Shine Wax Spray can be obtained locally at most department stores.
For additional stain removal or deeper cleaning procedures, use mild cleaners but keep away from delicate fabrics.
Use of Vacuum Cleaner
The idea of taking a vacuum to clean office chair smell is enough to make most people cringe.
Try brushing the loose dirt off with a vacuum cleaner. If you vacuum regularly, then no dust is the source of unpleasant odor.
The secret to its success is that it is absorbed into the fabric of your couch deodorizer, and not into your furniture.
Simply wash and dry your furniture with Fabric Deodorizer, Let this dry for 24 hours. Your office chair smell like get-out and new, ready for use.
Use of Rubbing Alcohol
Looking for ways to remove that smell of a mesh office chair? Mix one part rubbing alcohol with one-part warm water, spray on your office chair and wipe off lightly with a soft cloth. This solution will not only clean the chair but also help to neutralize any lingering odors.
Leave it outdoor
Sunray is an umbrella with a built-in heater and air conditioner. It warms you and cools you while using less energy than a typical air conditioner or heater. It has a unique internal fan that circulates warm air into every nook of your saddle chair.
There are many home remedies for clean office chair smell that you can try out, with each one being suitable for different people and situations. However, we recommend that you do your homework on the topic and experiment to see what works best for you. The solutions listed above span a wide spectrum, but they should at least give you some idea of what is possible.
Remember, it doesn’t matter if the home cleaning method you used is natural or chemical-based. If it doesn’t work, try another one. That’s the fun of doing it yourself. You get to experiment and hone your homemade cleaning skills. Even you can apply the same method on gaming chairs. Maybe if you like the article share it with your friends because it will help them too. And don’t forget to share our Facebook group to motivate us.